Best Places to Visit in Bali & Indonesia in 2026 I've Actually Been and Would Recommend to Anyone

 


Some places are beautiful in photos.

Indonesia somehow feels even better in real life.

The first time I watched the sunrise above the clouds on a volcano in Bali, I remember thinking: this doesn’t even look real anymore. And somehow that feeling kept happening over and over again throughout the trip.

From quiet rice terraces in Ubud to chaotic beach sunsets in Canggu, from swimming beside manta rays in Nusa Penida to standing a few meters away from real Komodo dragons… Indonesia honestly became one of those destinations that stays in your head long after you leave.

And the best part is that so many of these experiences are surprisingly easy to book now with guided tours, hotel pickup, and beginner-friendly itineraries.

If someone asked me which experiences I would genuinely book again without hesitation, these would absolutely be near the top of the list. 🌴🇮🇩


The Bali Experience That Felt Completely Unreal

Sunrise Hiking on Mount Batur

Waking up around 2AM honestly sounded terrible at first.

Then we reached the summit just before sunrise and suddenly the entire sky started glowing above the clouds.

It’s one of those experiences that photos genuinely struggle to capture properly.

The cool mountain air, the silence before sunrise, and the view across Bali’s volcanic landscape made the early wake-up completely worth it.

And thankfully, most tours now include:

  • hotel pickup

  • local guides

  • breakfast

  • beginner-friendly hiking pace

so you don’t need serious hiking experience to do it.


The Place That Looked Exactly Like Social Media

Nusa Penida

For once, the internet wasn’t exaggerating.

The cliffs, turquoise water, hidden beaches, and manta ray snorkeling honestly look even more dramatic in person.

Swimming near manta rays was easily one of the most unforgettable parts of the trip.

The island itself feels much wilder and less polished than mainland Bali, which honestly made it even more beautiful.




The Most Underrated Part of Bali

Ubud

A lot of people think Bali is only beaches and beach clubs…

but Ubud ended up being one of the calmest and most memorable parts of the entire trip for me.

The combination of:

  • rice terraces

  • jungle cafés

  • temples

  • waterfalls

  • slower atmosphere

made it feel completely different from the busier coastal areas.

It’s the kind of place where days somehow feel slower in the best possible way.


The Cultural Experience I’d Watch Again Immediately

Uluwatu Kecak Fire Dance

Watching the Kecak dance during sunset above the ocean cliffs felt surreal.

As the sky turned orange and the chanting started echoing through the amphitheater, the entire experience felt cinematic in a way that’s hard to explain.

Even people who normally skip “tourist shows” usually end up loving this one.

And honestly, the cliffside setting alone already makes the visit worth it.


The Trip That Felt Like Another Planet

Komodo Island

Seeing real Komodo dragons in the wild honestly felt unreal.

The boat trip itself became part of the experience:

  • pink beaches

  • tiny islands

  • crystal-clear water

  • snorkeling spots

  • dramatic landscapes

Everything about Komodo felt more remote and adventurous compared to Bali.

If you have enough time during your Indonesia trip, this is absolutely one of the experiences I’d prioritize.


Things I’m Glad I Did Differently

Booking Guided Tours

Normally I prefer planning everything independently, but guided tours in Indonesia honestly made certain experiences much easier.

Especially for:

  • volcano hikes

  • island hopping

  • snorkeling trips

  • Komodo tours

  • long-distance transfers

Having transportation and logistics already handled removed a lot of unnecessary stress.


What I Avoided

I intentionally skipped trying to overpack the itinerary.

One mistake people make in Bali is trying to see everything too quickly.

The best moments usually happened when there was actually time to:

  • relax

  • explore slowly

  • watch sunsets

  • enjoy cafés

  • talk to locals

  • wander around naturally

Indonesia honestly feels best when the trip has room to breathe.


My Favorite Bali & Indonesia Experiences

If you want to see the exact tours, activities, and unforgettable Indonesia experiences I’d personally recommend booking, you can check out the full list here:



Bonus Amazon Travel Find


Shibumi Shade 3.0 Version | Sunset Edition | Sets Up in 3 Mins | 150 Sq. Ft. of Shade for up to 8 People | Includes Wind Assist | UPF 50+ Sun Protection

One of my favorite travel essentials for Bali and Indonesia trips is also linked directly on Amazon here:



Final Thoughts

Bali and Indonesia honestly became one of the few destinations that fully lived up to the hype for me.

The landscapes feel cinematic, the people are incredibly warm, and the mix of adventure, culture, nature, and relaxation makes the entire experience feel unforgettable.

And even after visiting multiple islands, I still feel like there’s so much more left to explore.

Indonesia really is one of those places that keeps pulling you back. 🌴

Comments