Best Places to Visit in Dubai in 2026 I've Actually Been and Would Recommend to Anyone
I honestly expected Dubai to feel flashy and shallow before my first trip.
And after visiting multiple times, I realized I was completely wrong about it.
Yes, the skyscrapers are insane. Yes, you can somehow ski indoors while it’s burning hot outside. But the things that actually stayed with me were completely different.
The old dhow boats crossing Dubai Creek. The quiet desert sunsets. The Gold Souk at night. The smell of spices drifting through old streets.
Dubai somehow balances futuristic luxury with older hidden parts of the city that many travelers completely miss.
And honestly, even after several trips, I still feel like I haven’t seen everything yet.
Dubai Is One Of The Best Cities I’ve Ever Filmed
Dubai honestly feels designed for aerial photography.
The skyline. The coastline. The desert. The highways. The luxury resorts. And the sunset views around the city somehow look unreal from above.
This drone became one of the travel gadgets I was happiest I brought because it made capturing Dubai’s scenery incredibly easy without carrying large camera equipment everywhere.
Especially during desert tours and coastal evenings near the marina.
The Desert Ended Up Being My Favorite Part Of Dubai
I honestly thought the malls and skyscrapers would be the highlight of the trip.
But the desert completely changed that.
Watching sunset over the sand dunes somehow made the entire city feel quieter and calmer.
And once nighttime arrives, the desert skies and silence feel completely different from the nonstop energy of downtown Dubai.
It ended up becoming one of the most memorable experiences of the entire trip.
One Travel Essential That Quietly Saved Me
Dubai trips usually involve carrying multiple electronics almost everywhere.
Especially if you travel with:
- phones
- camera batteries
- portable fans
- laptops
- travel gadgets
- portable chargers
This converter honestly became one of the most useful things I packed because it handled everything without needing several separate chargers and adapters.
Especially during hotel stays and longer travel days.
Dubai Creek Felt More Interesting Than I Expected
One thing that surprised me about Dubai was how much I enjoyed the older parts of the city.
The traditional boats crossing the creek. The Gold Souk. The spice markets. The older buildings hidden between modern skyscrapers.
Those areas honestly gave the city much more personality than I expected before visiting.
It’s one of the reasons Dubai ended up feeling far more memorable than just “luxury everywhere.”
The Small Packing Item I Used Constantly
Dubai trips usually involve constantly changing between different activities during the same day.
Luxury malls. Desert tours. Beach clubs. Walking tours. Hotel gyms. Late-night restaurants.
This shoe bag honestly became surprisingly useful because it kept luggage organized while moving between hotels and activities.
Especially when carrying extra shoes for desert tours and long sightseeing days.
Dubai Somehow Feels Bigger Than Expected
Some destinations feel smaller once you finally visit them.
Dubai honestly felt like the complete opposite.
Every trip kept revealing places I didn’t know existed before:
- hidden cafés
- quiet beaches
- historic neighborhoods
- desert camps
- rooftop restaurants
And somehow the city constantly feels like it’s still expanding and changing.
Disclaimer
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through my links — at absolutely no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I genuinely believe are useful for real travel and international trips.
Final Thoughts
Dubai somehow manages to feel futuristic, luxurious, historic, relaxing, chaotic, and unforgettable all at the same time.
And once you experience the desert at sunset, Dubai Creek at night, endless skyline views, and the energy of the city for yourself…
you’ll probably understand why so many travelers end up returning again much sooner than they originally planned. 🇦🇪✨

Comments
Post a Comment